TRADITIONAL MARKETING VS DIGITAL MARKETING
Before getting to know Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing, let’s know what they are:
TRADITIONAL MARKETING: Traditional marketing is a broad category that incorporates many forms of advertising and marketing. Most traditional marketing strategies fall under one of four categories: print, broadcast, direct mail, and telephone
Print: Includes advertisements in newspapers, newsletters, magazines, brochures, and other printed material for distribution.
- Broadcast:Includes radio and television commercials, as well as specialized forms like on-screen movie theater advertising.
- Direct mail:Includes fliers, postcards, brochures, letters, catalogs, and other material that is printed and mailed directly to consumers.
- Telemarketing:Includes requested calling and cold calling of consumers over the phone.
- While newer marketing methods do work and can increase a company's client base, completely replacing traditional marketing with the latest marketing techniques can prove dangerous. Traditional methods have a high success rate and are proven.
- With traditional marketing, anyone with a newspaper, mail service, television or radio can learn of your business or service. Rather than customers going online to find your business or service
- Its Time taking process.
- More Costly.
- Customization is difficult.
DIGITAL MARKETING: Digital Marketing means marketing of products/services on digital media platforms. You will advertise your product on any electronic media.
The digital world have changed drastically in the past few decades that now more than two-third of the world population are using mobiles. More than 4 billion people are using internet.
So if you want your product to reach more amount of people then digital marketing is the only solution.
Digital marketing is mainly categorized into:
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Lead generation/Affiliate marketing
- Search engine marketing (often abbreviated SEO or SEM)
- Conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- Content marketing
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
Social media marketing(SMM) is a form of Internet marketing that utilizes social networking websites like Facebook, twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, twitter etc.
Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email.
Affiliate Marketing is a marketing arrangement by which an online retailer pays commission to an external website for traffic or sales generated from its referrals.
Search Engine Marketing (SEO or SEM) is the process of getting traffic from the free, organic, editorial or natural search results on search engines.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is the systematic process of increasing the percentage of website visitors who take some action like filling out a form, becoming customers.
Content Marketing is a type of marketing that involves the creation and sharing of online material (such as videos, blogs, and social media posts) that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to stimulate interest in its products or services.
Pay per click Marketing is publisher will pay money to the advertiser when a user clicks on the advertisement.
When you consider Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing then they are many advantages for Digital Marketing. Some of them are
- Is cost effective.
- Can get high ROI.
- Reach more target audience in less time span.
- Can get direct traffic to your website.
- Can be customized.
- Only the customer with Electronic device can view your ads.
so now let us see Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing
- Let’s take an example you have a product like a television how will you advertise it you can opt either traditional marketing or digital marketing. If you use traditional marketing you will advertise on radio, television, Printed material for distribution etc., and in digital marketing you can advertise on social media, websites, blogs, and search engines etc.,
- In traditional marketing the person can get only the information about your product if he want to buy he have to go to the store and he have to buy it. He cannot get the services directly.
- In Digital marketing the person can see your television advertisement and if he click the link then he can be directed to your website and their he can purchase your television and he can get services also.
- That's why now a days everybody are opting digital marketing.