HOW TO IMPROVE LOCAL ONLINE SEARCH VISIBILITY IN GOOGLE
To get online visibility in google, they are some factors that google consider to rank your website. If you have good google ranking then automatically you will get high online visibility. Ever wonder what are the factors that google consider while ranking page.
“Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first.”
– Wendy Piersall
As Wendy Piersall said Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first. But they are some tricks which you can follow to make google love your website.
Google at present is using RainBrain Algorithm for ranking Websites.Top of FormBottom of Form RankBrain is a machine-learning artificial intelligence system that helps Google process some of its search results, in particular rare or one-of-a-kind queries. It was launched in early 2015 and is used globally by Google.
RankBrain is primarily focused on helping refine queries that Google processes, but the company says that the system is also used to help rank web pages. In fact, Google says RankBrain is its third most important ranking factor.
There are many Factors that google consider while ranking your website. Some of the important factors are:
- Secured sites (HTTPS vs. HTTP)
- Websites that are mobile-friendly
- Page speed
- Webpage content quality
- Webpage content length
- Social Media
- Quality backlinks
- Optimized images
- Domain age
Secured Sites: Google called for HTTPS Everywhere at its I/O conference in June 2014 with its Webmaster Trends Analyst Pierre Far stating: “We want to convince you that all communications should be secure by default,” and it anticipated some resistance and skepticism from the SEO industry.
- HTTP exists to present information to the web user no matter what channel it takes to do so. HTTP is stateless, which means it uses less data by forgetting earlier web sessions.
- HTTPS was established to give secured transactions and authorization over the web. Exchanging information, like credit card numbers or access, requires security to avert unauthorized entry through HTTPS.
- So google is considering to rank more for Https sites more than Http sites
Mobile Friendly Websites: The number of mobile phone users in 2018 is 5.135 billion, up 4 percent year-on-year. So it is clear that half of the world population are using internet.
- So it make sense that by making your website Mobile friendly you can make reach your business more people. And google is considering it as a ranking factor and checking whether a website is user friendly or not.
Page speed: Page speed is nothing but how much amount of time a page is taking to load a page. According to a survey that a website can have high bounce rate if it takes more time to load. Bounce rate is nothing but how much of time user took to come out of your website.
- So try to optimize your page so that the page load will be less.
Webpage content quality: There is a saying that “Content Is King” and that’s what exactly apply here if your website have good quality content then automatically your website will rank high.
- Now a days most of the people like to read good content. Try to write some good content in your website and write content that is relevant to your website.
Webpage content length: Google likes more content, Google recommends up to 1900 words in post. It seems that Google’s reiterated the mantra, “content should focus on users, not search engines”.
Social Media: More than half of the internet users are having social media accounts. And most of the social media users are purchasing a product or utilizing as service based on what they see on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc. So try to do social media marketing for your website.
Quality backlinks: Backlinks are nothing but the External link which you get from an external source. Google will consider how many external links you have. Google will also check whether they are genuine are you are practicing any link schemes. Because if google know you are involved in any link schemas then it will penalize you and your website will be removed from google for some days.
Optimized images: Optimizing images for the web is a tricky business. You have to get the right balance between file size and picture quality. It is an essential step though. Look at any webpage, and you will see that most of its load time comes from images. So try to optimize images without losing their quality and it can help to decrease page load time.
Domain age: Domain agerefers to the length of time that a website has been registered and active. Domain age conveys trust to website visitors and to the search engines.
- The search engines want to provide users with the best possible results. As a website ages over time, it becomes more trusted in the eyes of the search engines as long as it has quality content and a robust portfolio of relevant inbound links that have been established over time. An older domain age conveys longevity, whereas there is more uncertainty regarding what a new website can or will offer to visitors.
- Even though google does not differentiate much for a page which is 6 months old and a one year old page.
Google Will Consider 200 factors while ranking your page. The above mentioned are some of the important thing which you can apply on your website for getting more online search visibility.
In the next part of this blog we will discuss how to do How to submit you Website to GoogleMyBussiness and how to do search engine optimization for your website which will be posted on 13th April 2018.