Search Engine Marketing Techniques
- Before knowing Search Engine Marketing Techniques and how to do SEM we will what is SEM.
Search engine marketing(SEM) is an umbrella term for search engine optimization and paid marketing which is used to attract more traffic to your website.
- SEM provides an effective marketing feature by advertising your products to your potential customers at the very time they are searching for your related product and Services with a real intention to buy.
- Search Engine Optimization is a part of SEM mainly focusing on optimizing your website according to the keywords used by the customer to search for your products/services.
- Even though SEO and Paid Advertising falls under the same category of SEM their traffic sources are different, while Search Engine Optimization helps in achieving higher organic traffic and consistent results, on the other hand, paid marketing is used to attract non-organic traffic and quicker results.
- Many Search engines have their own ad platforms for SEM such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Yahoo Search Ads.
- Most of these ad platforms use pay per click model (you have to pay to the advertiser only when the ad is clicked by the customer) for SEM advertising. But remember one thing that not all PPC marketing strategies are considered as search engine marketing like social media ads, Affiliate ads etc.
Now let us know some of the tips on How to do SEM and some Search Engine Marketing Techniques.
1.Set Up The KPI’s:
- SEM is a long process it takes time to show consistent results unless you are marketing on a popular brand or spending more money.
- Even though through paid advertising you can achieve quicker results, it still takes some time for your product to show consistent growth or generate more sales.
- So understand your goals like whether you want customer acquisition, Revenue generation or increased sales etc. and divide them into smaller parts and name them as your KPI’s (Your key performance indicators (KPIs) are measures that help you understand whether you are achieving one or more of your strategic goals).
- By setting up KPI’s you can keep your campaigns and marketing activities aligned towards achieving a common goal.
2. Identify Your Target Audience:
- One of the most effective ways to market your products smartly and efficiently is identifying your targeted audience (means who you think can be your potential customers in the future) and display your ad’s only to them rather than displaying it to a large set of irrelevant audience. In this way, you can decrease the amount you spend on the ad’s and increase the sales.
- Categorize your targeted audience based on age, gender, and locality. So that it will be easy in future to reach them in a more targeted approach.
- Keywords play an important role in the SEM, Search engines will place ads on SERP’s based on few factors like keyword’s bid, quality score, Relevancy of the ad. So while doing the keywords bid first identify the potential keywords that could be used by your customers, identify the negative keywords and make a clear list of them.
- Choosing the right keywords can make or break your search engine marketing campaigns. You should bid for keywords that have high volume and low competition. This will increase the chances of your ads ranking well and bring your cost-per-click (CPC) down.
- The same strategy applies for search engine optimization, identify the keywords and optimize your website accordingly by placing the keywords in title tag, URL, description, header tags and in the content of the website.
- But remember one thing that overstuffing your keywords in your website can be considered as a negative factor in search engine ranking.
4.Track Your Results:
- If you do your SEM without measuring the results then it won’t give you enough results you want. So always know how your ads or website are performing. There are many online tools that help you to measure the results (Google analytics, search console etc.)
- If an ad is not performing well then identify the reason for its underperformance like check whether you are bidding on correct keywords or targeting the right audience, is your landing page user-friendly and engaging etc., once you identify it, modify it and try again.
5.Search Retargeting :
- Search retargeting is also a technique used in Search Engine Marketing. Retargeting allows you to position ads to people who have already expressed an interest in what you offer by searching for it online or searching for competitor offerings.
- Searchers with an intent to buy are much more valuable as they are further down in the purchase funnel, so with Search Retargeting, you can reach potential customers based on their past searches online. It can find future customers who have previously searched for either a brand name or a keyword that is associated with your brand, product/service, competitor terms etc.
Planning is the key to success, so before you do anything identify your goals and plan accordingly. As the demand for the search market increases the competition also increased heavily so be cautious at every step of Search Marketing, No need to worry if your a new to this we are there for you, as a leading Search marketing company we provide our quality services to our clients by understanding there goals and requirements.